Monday, March 20, 2017

Style it 5 Ways: Lanterns

Do you ever go decor shopping and find something cute but think, "Where would I put that?"  You're not alone.  So last week I went to Target and picked out some new decor items that I think are common pieces that a lot of us gravitate to time and again.  I brought them home and had fun playing with them and wanted to share 5 different ways that you can incorporate them into your home.

I shared a picture of my finds on my instagram  page and asked my followers to vote on which items I should kick off my "Style it 5 ways" segment on and of course, the lanterns won.  We all have major love for lanterns.

1.The Mantle
Displaying items on the mantle is maybe the most common place that people talk to me about wanting to style.  I, myself, often get stuck in the mantle rut.  It's often times a focal point of the room, so it's important to make it welcoming and interesting.  I have an entire blog post on mantle-scaping in my back pocket so be sure to be on the lookout for that.  In the meantime, I'll say that some easy ways to create interest on the mantle are by incorporating color, and by layering items to create dimension.  



2. Coffee Table 
Again, layering is the name of the game here.  Also, grouping like items together and displaying them close together in little clusters is appealing to our eye and helps us look across the table without it feeling too busy.




3. Dining Table Centerpiece
No one says you have to only put a candle in a lantern.  Here, I made the lantern a small terrarium.  Thinking of new ways to use common accessory pieces is a great way to create interest with your decor.




4. Entry Table
At a table right inside your front door,  a lantern is pretty and inviting.  Mix in some fresh flowers for extra credit.  


5. Outside your front door
Don't limit where you place your decor to only table tops and mantles.  These lanterns are especially pretty grouped at the front door because as you look down into them you are surprised with a little extra pop of gold.  And nothing would make your guests feel cozier than being greeted by these beauties glowing at night.  


So there's my lantern love!  Be sure to stop back to see which items I style 5 ways next! Thanks for reading, y'all! 

Shop the lanterns here: Big and Small

4 comments:

  1. I love all of these! I saw these at target last week! I think I will use them on the mantle! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Can't wait to see how you use them!

      Delete
  2. OBSESSED!! Now I want to go to target and get these!! Can you come style my mantel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get them! Can't wait to see how you use them!! I am planning a mantel styling post for later this month.

      Delete