Friday, March 10, 2017

This is me

This is me.

I love my people somethin' fierce.  I avoid my laundry until it is dire.  I love celebrations- festival, party, birthday, cat anniversary; I don't discriminate and, why thank you, I'd love to RSVP yes!  I love to write, but a minute ago I had to look up the proper spelling of "dire".  Of course I love to decorate a space to reflect the true style of its occupants (unless that person is stuck firmly in the 80's- then a little nudging might be required).  I take lots of risks with color (and you should too- it's only paint!)  I've also made a lot of bad decisions with paint color (our first bathroom was bright orange).

I wear my heart on my sleeve.  I take a lot of pictures and collect memories and am very often cheesy.  I feel most connected with myself when I am singing.  I feel most connected with my friends when we are drinking wine.  Just Kidding.  Sorta.  I love a good rom-com.  I'm still not over La La Land.  And I might never be.


I love to daydream about beautiful spaces.  A home that is bright and comfortable and layered and packed with fresh flowers and ready to entertain is my best kind of space.  If I have a home that can accommodate 40 friends, ima invite 50 and probably 10 more the day of.  I'm not "the best" at any one thing, but I know who I am and I know where I want to be so I try my hardest to be that person and chase the dreams that will get me there.  And I try to remind myself that "there" isn't actually very far from "here".  Every night at bedtime I tell my kids that they can be anything that they want to be as long as they believe in themselves.  And even though I'm all grown up, I try to remind myself of that too.

I lead my life with love and a smile.  I say thank you ad nauseum.  I live life big.  I have a very loud laugh.  I talk aaaallllll the way through the movie.  I believe that kindness is the single most beautiful trait that a person may possess.  I am guilty of sometimes being a little selfish (I can hear my brother laughing at the "sometimes" and the "a little" part all the way from here) but I am good at saying I am sorry.  And I am.


I am not a very good cook, but my husband is, so thank you Jesus for the modern man who isn't afraid to cook the Thanksgiving turkeys.  And also, no one is starving in my house so simmer down.  I am good at sitting on the couch to watch "This Is Us".  (OMG that show!)  I pretty much only work out so I can continue to eat carbs around the clock and I hate every minute of it.  Until it's over.  Then I love it.

I'm trying to soak up every minute with my three little humans while they are small and still like me.  I'm way too aware that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, so let's leave it all on the table and tell people how we feel.  Really, my life goals are just to do what I love with the people I love and spread as much joy as is humanly possible along the way.  Wanna come along?

This is me.




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Perfect place to hide out in a tornado, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this!!! xo -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're back to blogging and can't wait to go along for the ride...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written and accurate.

    ReplyDelete