Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Style it 5 ways: Gold Tray

Hi guys!  I'm back to my Style it 5 ways series! Today I am talking about this cutie little gold tray, from my Target run a week ago.  What I like about this tray is that it is a little pop of happy with its shine and the gold is just a touch of trend to add to any space right now, and is easy to swap out when that's no longer the case.  We don't always need to make huge commitments to trends.  Styling with classic pieces that you enjoy sets the perfect foundation and allows for small less expensive trend pieces to take center stage and keep your home feeling fresh and current.  

1. As part of a table-scape
Here is an example of mixing the trends with classic pieces and even some antique pieces.  Here I put the tray on the center of the table and placed an antique sugar bowl and creamer on top for serving coffee to my guests.  Or not.  I think it also looks cute as is -- even if your only guests for the day are all under the age of eight and think coffee smells like burnt toast.  Don't be afraid to mix the old with the new, to mix medals, and to mix expensive with the inexpensive.   It's all part of creating the layered, collected-over-time look that I have talked about.  





2. On the entrance table
When you enter the door, set your things on this tray and never ask the question, "Where did I put my keys?" again.  Here, the tray does more than just provide a place to set your things, it also creates an organized look to what otherwise might seem like clutter.  "No, honey, I didn't just come home and throw my stuff down, I set them on your cute tray."   




3. On your bathroom vanity
I love the way this looks in the bathroom and again, makes a collection out of things you might just otherwise have sitting on your counter.  The tray really pulls it all together and makes it feel on purpose.  



4. In your kitchen
In the kitchen, this tray is the star when leaning against your cutting board or cheese trays.  The shine of the tray brings nice balance to the raw wood cutting board behind it and makes this little counter spot feel special.  And again, a great place to add just a touch of trend -- with only a $20 price tag. 


5. As a (covered) dessert tray 

The back of this tray very clearly says that it is not food safe, but I placed cupcakes on it that were wrapped in paper, so viola.  Problem solved.  You could also place a small doily or napkin on top and serve bite sized appetizers.



And there you have it!  Another round of Style it 5 ways!  I have one more item to come (the glass and gold box) and then that wraps up my first installment of Style it 5 ways.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment