Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Style it 5 Ways: The Glass and Gold Box

Today I am back with the final installment from the kick off to my Style it 5 Ways series.  I went to Target, bought some things that caught my eye but that some might say, "Where would I put that?" and then showed you five ways to incorporate them into your decor.  So far, I have done these pretty lanterns, this cool basket and this gold tray.  

Today I am going to talk about this glass and gold box.  I love how the mirror on the bottom of this box reflects back double the beauty of whatever you put inside.  I also love the clean straight lines, and the delicate gold edge.  Similar to the gold tray, its main use is to hold things, but we'll take a look at exactly what it is that you put inside and show how that can set it apart.  

1. On your dresser
This tray looks very feminine on your dresser and is a good spot to toss your jewelry at the end of a day, before you put it away tomorrow (or next week- I don't judge)

2. As a ticket collector
Display ticket stubs from that big game or dream concert or play.  Your kids can even put in a stub from their favorite movie.  Toss in the airline ticket from a recent vacation.  It's like a mini shadow box of happy times.  


3. In the laundry room 
I like the way this brings a little unexpected glam to the room where we throw all our dirty socks.  And, it can double as a spot to throw whatever you find in everyones pockets before you toss them in the spin cycle.  Except the cash.  Mama keeps the cash.  



4. As a treasure box
Put your treasures inside and set them on display.  When we first moved to 5th and James, my husband found a heart shaped rock in the yard and gave it to me.  Since then, friends and my kids have found two more for me all- one even half way around the world.  Together in this box, they look like a careful collection.  This would also be a great place to tuck a few seashells from your favorite beach vacations, or a postcard from each place you visit.  Maybe you have an antique postcard that belonged to a loved one.  Or an old letter... you get the point.  If its a treasure to you, I like the idea of framing it, so to speak, in this pretty box and giving it a place of honor on your bookshelf.  


5. On the coffee table
I think that this box is pretty enough to set empty with a grouping of other things on your coffee table.  Because there are a lot of other textures and colors on this table, it can stand empty and not feel alone and unthoughtful.  Or, to use an idea from #4 above, you could set it here filled a few seashells, for example.  Either way, the box would a natural on any coffee table.



Again, you can get this glass and gold beauty here.  I can't wait to hear how you styled yours!  Also, be sure to check back later this week for Easter table decorating ideas and a fun Easter craft.  And be sure to follow me so that you never miss a post!  Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment